Best answer

How do I create a Zap from a Facebook Group question to Mailchimp?

• 14 November 2022
  • 3 replies

How do I create a Zap for an email address shared in the questions to join a Facebook Group that I am an administrator for with Mailchimp

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 November 2022, 23:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @WiseOwl, welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand your what you’re looking to do. Could you perhaps send a description of what you want to happen a bit like this:

1. Someone asks a question in a Facebook Group
  2. I add their email address to MailChimp

So for each step, say exactly what is happening and in which apps. Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Sorry it’ s confusing.  I’m confused as to what the steps are actually called.

1.  Someone wants to join my Facebook Group.  Before they can join, there are 3 questions that they answer, and one of the questions prompts them to share their email address with me. 
  2. I manually add their email address to Mailchimp.

Can this be zapped?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @WiseOwl! Thanks for reaching out!

I did some digging and it sounds like what you’re looking for is a “New Member” trigger for Facebook Groups (where you could pull the details from those prompts). The bad news is this isn’t currently an available trigger. 😔

There is however a feature request that I added your vote to! While we can’t advise if or when this will get implemented it will ensure you’re emailed if that changes. There’s also an ongoing thread here that we’ll update at that time. 👇🏽:

If you’re interested in following along, I’d recommend subscribing to that thread. 🙂

Sorry to not have better news here but we appreciate you raising this in community!