Question

How do I create a weekly rotating message with core values and GIFS in Microsoft Teams using Zapier?

• 1 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I want to send out a message in Teams once a week, with a different one of our 5 core values and a gif, on rotation so that each value will repeat every 5 weeks.
I tried ChatGPT, but the instructions it provided did not align with what was available to me when creating the Zap. When I got to the Utilities event, spreadsheet-style formula was not an option. And, tbh, what came after that was a bit beyond me as well...

Rotating Through Core Values

Since Zapier doesn’t have a direct way to rotate through a list every time a zap runs, we'll need to use a bit of a workaround:

1. Add an action by searching for the app called "Formatter by Zapier."
  2. Choose the “Utilities” event.
  3. In the “Transform” drop-down, select “Spreadsheet-Style Formula.”
  4. For the Input, you could do something like: Week 1,Value 1,URL_to_gif_1 Week 2,Value 2,URL_to_gif_2 Week 3,Value 3,URL_to_gif_3 Week 4,Value 4,URL_to_gif_4 Week 5,Value 5,URL_to_gif_5

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MomofJacob,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like we've got a post in the Community that matches what you're looking for. Check out the detailed instructions right here:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊