Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I create a task in TickTick when a new To-Do item is created in Basecamp 2?

• 16 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I want to have a TickTick to do item created each time a Basecamp2 to do item is created and assigned to a particular person.

I believe it should be possible but I cannot figure it out and need some help.

When I use new Basecamp2 to do as a trigger, it wants a specific project. I don’t want any specific project, I would like it for all projects. 

Then I tried to use the Basecamp2 global trigger. Problem there is I could not find a Zapier Filter for that Basecamp2 that would trigger on a to do assigned to a person.

Any help appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Geaux Design 

Good question.

Try adding a Filter as step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Geaux Design 

For us to have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 2

I’m running into difficulty at the filter phase. Below are screen shoots of my filtering options. I do not see where I can filter by a “to do” item or by an “assigned” person. Am I looking at this incorrectly? 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Geaux Design 

Perhaps this can be used to filter for the Type of Event:

You may need to change your trigger test data to pull thru a representative example of a To Do with an Assignee to use to configure your Zap steps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Userlevel 2

Troy coming in for another WIN! I just need to change my trigger data to pull an example for what I wanted. BRAVO Troy! Bravo!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for confirming Troy’s suggestion did the trick, @Geaux Design. Great work here @Troy Tessalone! 😁🎉