Best answer

How do I create a Stripe payment link as my action and then redirect to it

• 6 November 2022
  • 5 replies

First time creating a Zap.

I want my Zap to create a Stripe payment link triggered by my scheduling app and then to redirect customers to it so they can pay immediately without me having to manually send the payment link to them.  So the customer would schedule and then see the Stripe payment page.

I can get the Zap to create the Stripe payment link without a problem, but don’t know how to get it to redirect there.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 November 2022, 11:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @VoverQ 

Short answer, you cannot redirect the customers directly to it.

Long answer, you can do that by adding another step to send the customer an email with the payment link so they can use it. 

Long answer, you can do that by adding another step to send the customer an email with the payment link so they can use it. 

Can you outline the process of creating that extra step or post a link with the steps?  Is the step using the concept of a webhook?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @VoverQ!

What @MohSwellam was suggesting is to send the link to your customer via email. To do that, you would add a step after the Stripe Create Payment Link action and choose an email app (eg Gmail if you use that). You can then set up the Send email action so that it is sent to the customer and includes the payment link in Stripe that was just generated. 

So, it’s not possible to send the link to a website that the user is on, but you could send it to them directly (via email, or text if you prefer) and put a message on the website asking them to check their emails. 

I hope that’s clear, let us know if you have any questions!

To do that, you would add a step after the Stripe Create Payment Link action and choose an email app (eg Gmail if you use that). You can then set up the Send email action so that it is sent to the customer and includes the payment link in Stripe that was just generated.

Perfect.  I use Microsoft Outlook (365) - both the paid and free versions of their email.  But instead what about “Email by Zapier”?  Would that suffice to send them the link with a brief message from me thanking them?

So I use OnceHub to get bookings from customers.  When a customer schedules a booking, I want to email them a Stripe payment link using Zapier.

But my customers can schedule one of 9 options with me and each has their own price point.

When creating my Zap I see the OnceHub Trigger “Booking Scheduled”.  But then on the Stripe side it’s not known which price to choose because “Booking Scheduled” could refer to any of the 9 options my customers could have scheduled.

What to do?