Question

How do I create a signature template from a newly filled PDF in PDFfiller and send it to SignNow?

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Alright friends! I’m back again with another extremely niche ask. 

I have now mastered PDFfiller and filled documents, but I’m a bit confused as to how SignNow and PDFfiller speak to one another. 

It seems through Zapier, I can’t take my newly filled PDF from PDFfiller to create a template or other in SignNow. I can only send a freeform invite which doesn’t work for what I need as I need a role-based document for 1 recipient. 

I’m looking for a work-around. Ultimately Docusign had a similar issue, but is there something I’m missing between PDFfiller and SignNow? I’ve attached screenshots of my flow so you understand the trigger point is a newly filled document, and I’d love to take that document into signnow and have it create a signature template to then send out. I have the signature fields mapped out in PDFfiller, so you’d think SignNow would be able to convert. I also tried a workaround with creating an entirely new document from a template that I would fill in SignNow instead of PDFfiller, but this also isn’t plausible as the fields are only meant as fillable fields for the recipient so I can’t lock the data once inputted.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Macc 

Good question.

Seems as though you shouldn’t need pdfFiller, only SignNow.

Try setting fields not meant to be edited by the recipient to be assigned to a different role.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Macc 

Good question.

Seems as though you shouldn’t need pdfFiller, only SignNow.

Try setting fields not meant to be edited by the recipient to be assigned to a different role.

I actually did try this, but it requires a manual click from my end to push the document to the end recipient it needs to go to, and I’m trying to make everything automated. The trigger you’re seeing here comes from another Zap that automatically fills the PDFfiller fillable template with the appropriate information from a Close CRM Custom Activity. All other steps are finalized but this one part which is actually creating a streamlined, organized, role-based signature request for 1 external role

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am also open to learning about new/different products for the solution if necessary. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Macc ,

I’ve created a feature request with the SignNow developers, who maintain their integration, to add a Create Template from Document action using this endpoint.