Best answer

How Do I Create a Shipstation Order with Multiple Items?

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to create a zap that will automatically create Shipstation orders when we receive an order via email. The problem I am running into is that I cannot figure out how to format the data so that the zap will successfully run if the order contains multiple items.

I can create orders with no items, or orders that only contain a single SKU just fine, but I can not figure out how to format the data if a customer orders multiple different SKUs.

I’ve tried separating the SKU, Title, Quantity, and Price information by line, with commas, and with semicolons, and nothing has worked so far.

Thanks for any insight.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 February 2024, 20:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DMiller 

If the Zap action supports line items, then data for each field would need to be formatted as an array.

Help about how to use line items in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/use-line-items-in-zaps

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to give us more context?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the info, @Troy Tessalone.

I see that the Shipstation Zap supports line items, but am not sure on how I format the data so that it is an array. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DMiller

e.g. The way you have the SKU field values set would end up as a concatenated string of values, which is not a valid array of line items that the field expects.

Help article about how to handle arrays of line items in Zaps:

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction @Troy Tessalone.

Putting the fields into a formatter first to turn them into a proper array solved the issue.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @DMiller! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️