Best answer

How do I create a search condition to exactly match the Zengine record's project ID?

• 30 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am working on setting up what should be a simple zap, but I’m running into a really frustrating issue. What I need to do is send data from a Google Sheet and have that data populate a form in Zengine. The zap should look like this: 

1. Trigger: New or updated record in Google Sheet
  2. Find Record in Zengine (using a data field from the Google Sheet)
  3. Update Record in Zengine

Where I’m running into issues is with step 2. I need to locate the record based upon a project ID, which is a number field. When I try to enter that, I only get 2 options for number fields: 

The problem with this is that I need a search condition that will allow me to search for a number that matches exactly. Using < or > is never going to work for this. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to force Zapier to search for the exact record or find a workaround. Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 30 August 2022, 15:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ACAIN , 

Why not use the Update Record event directly though? I mean since you already have the ID. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ACAIN

I wanted to swing by and see if you were able to get this up and rolling with @MohSwellam recommendation? Keep us posted! 🤗