Question

How do I create a restaurant tracker so students accurately know when it's open?

• 12 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I am a student in an Indian college. There is a restaurant run by Jha Ji on the campus. He operates the restaurant irregularly. I want to create a tracker for the restaurant so the students accurately know when its open. Jha Ji doesn't have a smart phone, all he can do is SMS and call.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Someonejha, what a great idea! Let’s see if we can help :)

The hard part is going to be getting the information from Jha Ji. There are apps that can receive texts (eg Twilio) that would work for this, but they do charge a fee. I don’t know of any free apps that can receive text messages that integrate with Zapier. 

If you did choose to use something like Twilio, then there are lots of different options for example you could send a message to Twitter or a Facebook page, to let people know if the restaurant was open or closed. If you need some more help if/when you’ve chose an app that can receive SMS messages, please let us know - we’re happy to help you!