Best answer

How do I create a Pinterest Pin with proper URL and body text when a new Shopify blog post is published?

• 7 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to use the Zap that automatically creates a Pin on Pinterest from a new blog post in Shopify. It seems simple enough, but there are two things I can’t figure out:

• Link (the destination url of this Pin): How do I get this url? There’s no data for this that’s pulled from the trigger in Zapier.
  • Description: For this one I assumed I’d use the “Body HTML” data point, but it’s actually coming up as HTML in the Pin, which is not what I want people to see. How can I get the body text itself, not the HTML?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. It seems like this Zap should work better than it does, but maybe I’m just missing some basic things!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 May 2023, 16:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SSNoble,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Regarding your first question: Link (the destination url of this Pin): How do I get this url? There’s no data for this that’s pulled from the trigger in Zapier.

Since the “New Blog Entry” trigger doesn’t return the URL of the blog post. You can do this workaround based on our notes:

You can create a fake URL using the blog URL, which is usually formatted as https://yourshopdomain.com/blogs/article/, and the handle field. Here’s how:

36c534f06faa55db2b0be77e4100e3f7.png
(view larger)

Regarding your second question:

If you don’t want to include the HTML tags and only want to see the plain text itself. I suggest using the “Text in Formatter - Remove HTML Tags” action. Like so:

14b073de88e40c62a6c43411dcbbb4e0.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

This is so great, thank you so much for the workarounds! I’ll give them a try now!