Skip to main content

Hey!

I’m creating a zap where I connected my 17hats to clickup. Whenever we get a new contact in 17hats, I want to create a new task of that new client in clickup. I used a task that I already created as a template but I updated that task and want to use the new template.

Only the old template is being pulled and the new contacts created dont have any of the new information I want added to that task. The new template is simply not populating when I am editing the task. I have tried to create a new zap. I have tried logging in and out of clickup in Zapier already as well and that only template is somehow saved in there. Can someone please help? I included a screenshot of where I get stuck

I have one that says “New Pilgrim Inquiry” but its not loading. :(

Hi @JMJYouth 

Try clicking the Refresh] button at the top of the Zap action step and within the dropdown list of options.

ClickUp help link about Task Templates: https://help.clickup.com/hc/en-us/articles/6309918176535-Use-task-templates

Make sure the settings are correct in ClickUp for the Task Template.

If you know the Template ID, then you can try using the ‘Custom’ tab to set that value.

Help for dropdown fields and expected values: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Hey there @JMJYouth 👋

Did Troy’s suggestions of refreshing the fields, ensuring the template settings are correct or manually selecting the template by using the Custom value option to enter it’s ID help to get this sorted? 

Let us know if you’re still having some trouble with this at all - we’re always happy to assist further! 🙂

Yes, thank you Troy! It looks like I didnt have a template to use in clickup and I thought the task was the template so that’s why it wasnt popping up! As soon I created the one I was looking for, it worked. Thank you!

That’s an amazing news @JMJYouth! A huge thank to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗