Skip to main content

I would like to create a new opportunity in Salesforce when a Cognito forms form is filled out. Under the create record option in Salesforce I see the following: 

• Opportunity: Competitor

• Opportunity Contact Role

• Opportunity Product

• Opportunity Partner

• Opportunity Share

• Opportunity Team Member

None of these seem to be a simple "Create New Opportunity", which is what I want to do. What am I missing?

Hi @Jstimac 

Use this Zap action: Salesforce - Create Record

Object: Opportunity

Salesforce is highly configurable, so you may have to work with your Salesforce Admin to know which Object or other options to select for your desired use case.

@Troy Tessalone, As mentioned in the original post the only options, as far as I can tell, related to opportunity are the following: 

• Opportunity: Competitor

• Opportunity Contact Role

• Opportunity Product

• Opportunity Partner

• Opportunity Share

• Opportunity Team Member

I’ve explored each of these, and they all seem to create items within an existing opportunity. I want to create a new opportunity, not update one. 

@Jstimac 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Salesforce is highly configurable, so you may have to work with your Salesforce Admin to know which Object or other options to select for your desired use case.

I don’t think screen shots are going to be useful. Is it possible that some of the options for “Create Record” are limited by my Salesforce account type? For example, If I have limited permissions in Salesforce I wont even see the correct “Create Record” options in Zapier? 

@Jstimac 

Yes, that’s possible.

Help links for using Salesforce in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Including again: