Question

How do I create a new opportunity in Sellsy from a form submission on my website?

• 24 September 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have an issue :

• I need to create a new opportunity in Sellsy from a form submission on my website.

I think Gravity forms is the plugin that would suit better my need but I’m not sure. I cannot test it.

What settings can I make connecting Gravity forms and Sellsy ?

Can I set up the name of the opportunity created ?

Would the fields (mail, phone etc.) will automatically fill the Opportunity created ?

Thank you :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

HI @Alalo What issue are you facing? and Why are you unable to test it? I was able to test Gravity Form with a free trial and i also received test data on Zapier.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your quick answer.

When I try to connect to gravity form (URL, consumer key and consumer secret), I got an error message : 

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Invalid Consumer Key and/or Consumer Secret

I tried several times to copy/paste, but still the same message...

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Alalo ,

Can you check if you have enabled API Key? I also had got the same error, but on enabling Rest API, i was able to connect.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much !!!!!!!

It works :)

Now I have an Issue with Sellsy :(
after the settings, when I test I got this message : 

The opportunity could not be sent to Sellsy.

linkedid is missing

Do you have an idea? 

Thank you so much

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Alalo - I have never used Sellsy however after looking the error i can suggest below.

To create an opportunity on Sellsy you have to link some linkedid. I will suggest you to add a step above to search for linkedid and than add the linkedin id in next step.

Userlevel 1

Thank you again for your answer. I’ve been looking how to do that, but I couldn’t find anything about LinkedID 

Could you help me a little more ?

The actions for Sellsy are :

• Create contact
  • Create opportunity
  • Create company
  • Create task
  • Create/update company
  • Create/update contact
  • Create annotation
  • Find Company
  • Find contact

I’m sorry for all that questions… :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Alalo , Can you check if you have added values for all the required fields? Also can you show me the screenshot of your action Sellsy - Create an opportunity? I also tested and i was able to test the action successfully.

Userlevel 1

Yes of course

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Can you test again @Alalo ? If you still get the error, share with me the screenshot of error with test data.

Userlevel 1

Still doesn’t work…

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Alalo , I tried but unable to solve your problem, not sure why you are getting this error. The best i can suggest is reach out to Zapier team here?

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much, I’ve reached them :)

Have a nice day and thank you again

Hello @Alalo !
I got exactly the same problem… I fixed it when i realized that the ID of the company was actually a text !