Question

How do I create a new invoice in QuickBooks Online with multiple line items from different sources?

• 26 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Create new Invoice in QBO

I am trying to create a new invoice in Quickbooks online. My invoice has multiple line items. One line item comes from the project and the other comes from the Invoice in salesforce . The product/services vary for each line item. The create a new invoice Item let’s me choose only one product at time?

For eg., Currently it gets created like this

Not what I am looking for.

Instead I want it look like the above image. Even the Quantity and Rate needs to vary. For the desc row, it always needs to default to 0. My line

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Mercy,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

To help me understand your situation better, could you please share a detailed screenshot of your current Zap configuration? I'd also love to see a full screenshot of the "Action" section in your QuickBooks Online step. This will give me a complete picture of what you're working on.

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Additionally, I’d like to add this help article on how to use line items in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496277737997#1-identify-your-trigger-s-line-item-fields-0-0

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

to explain it clearly, my line items are couple of text fields from SF. So the problem I am facing is, since the line item formatter picks up comma as a separate line, there are commas in my tect fields and they are splitting into separate lines. Eg. I have field named project description and lets say it has value = contract = $2,000. the output line in QBO shows it as

line item 1 = contract = $2

line item 2 = 000.

I want the entire field to be one line item. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Mercy,

Thanks for the screenshots!

Looking at the screenshot, I noticed that your Line Itemizer (Create/Append/Prepend) Formatter step and your Salesforce setup. Could you please try moving the “Billings” data to another row by clicking on the “+” button. Like so:

1d22c92a5c75f8a8d5ce994d19747f6b.png
(view larger)

More about using the Line Itemizer here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496275165709#line-itemizer-0-3

Also, could you please try removing the typed data on the Salesforce step? Like so:

ef4072f482ac958721ffb86721c0fb04.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes.