Best answer

How do I create a new customer in Quickbooks Online when a new form submission is received in Jotform?

I am new to Zap and am trying to setup a new Zap between Jotform and Quickbooks Online. The below screenshot is where I’m at in the process and I need help.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 7 March 2023, 22:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FrancoF 

Welcome to the Zapier Community!

Can you please clarify the question about your Zap?

Sure. I do not understand what goes into the fields. Who is the Assignee email? What is the Invitation email all about? No idea what the Prefilled Field Permissions means?

This is my first tine setting up my Jotform to connect with Quickbooks and it’s Greek to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FrancoF

From your screenshot, it’s unclear what QBO Zap action you are trying to use.

Check the field descriptions for guidance.

I don’t understand what you’re saying.

I am trying to make my Jotform connect to QB so when customers order it will go to our QB Online.

The field descriptions aren’t helping because I don’t understand what an Assignee is. I don’t understand who, and why, I need to do an Invitation email. I don’t understand what a Prefilled Field Permission is. And, so goes the rest of it. It’s complicated without providing specifics. It’s not intuitive at all, at least for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FrancoF 

Which QBO Zap action are you trying to use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FrancoF

If you need help, you may want to consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

I do not want customers to edit the form in QB. I have a link on my website that let’s customers place their orders easily. I need to keep that in place.

Can I simply make the orders they place populate into QB?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @FrancoF! Thanks for reaching out in community and elaborating a bit more on what you’re seeing!

Just a friendly heads up, we’re a bit limited on the access we have here in community and it’s always super helpful when we know the entirety of the workflow, the triggers and actions, names of the apps, and screenshots of the setup step with personal details removed. 🤗

So for example; "When this [trigger] happens in Jotform, do that [action] in Quickbooks."

In your case, it sounds like for every new form submission in Jotform you’d like to create an invoice in Quickbooks, does that sound about right?

If so, the New Form Submission would probably be the most applicable here based on what you’ve described so far. Your zap would probably look like:

1. Jotform Trigger - New Form Submission 
  2. Quickbooks Online Action - Create Invoice 

Here’s a quick little guide on How to Get Started with JotForm along with another guide on how to Get Started with Quickbooks.

Since this is your first zap, I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

I hope some of this helps! 🧡 Please keep us in the loop if you run into a specific error while setting this up! We’re always happy to lend a hand.

SHAZZAM! You nailed it! This is exactly what I am looking for.

So for example; "When this [trigger] happens in Jotform, do that [action] in Quickbooks."  THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY HELPFUL!

THANK YOU!

Ok, I got past the first part, which I had wrong before. However, it looks like I will need more help because of all the different actions I will require. Not only creating an invoice in QB, but setting up people as new clients, updating existing clients, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @FrancoF -

For what you’d like to accomplish, it sounds like a multi-step Zap will be most beneficial for you. I’m linking a great resource here, if you scroll further down the page, you can see a list of triggers and actions and what each of the options will do if you choose to include them in your setup.

I’d look into using, similar to what Christina mentioned:

• Trigger - New Form Submission [Jotform]
  • Action - Find or Create Customer  [Quickbooks] 
  • Action - Create Invoice [Quickbooks] 

Let us know if you have any other questions!