Best answer

How do I Create a Multi Line Sales Receipt in Quickbooks

• 4 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey! It looks like this question has been asked a few times but not solved, all the threads that ask it seem to be closed without resolution. I’m trying to create a two line sales receipt in quickbooks triggered by a stripe payment, however I get an error no matter how I change it unless I select only one Product/Service and when I do, it creates a $0 sales receipt no matter what other values I’m adding. I haven’t had success making it create two lines.

The point of the two lines is to show my total sale and then have a negative line that shows my total processing fees so that the sales receipt total matches my bank deposit, but the sales and bank fees are accurate.

Help please!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 February 2024, 21:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @justachelle 

To help us have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

deleted this because it was the wrong screen shot

Userlevel 1

this is what based on the online notes should work but doesn’t. I’m not sure how my screen shots can help, I’m just looking for information on how to make multiple lines on a sales order creation zap for quickbooks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@justachelle 

Couple issues.

The field values need to be formatted as an array of line items, rather than a comma separated string.

Try using Formatter > Utilities > Text to Line Items.

The field Line Item Tax Code would need to have 2 values sent, since you are sending 2 line items.

Userlevel 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I figured it was something simple that I was missing, that makes a ton of sense I just kept seeing people manually typing that information in and there really were no good explanations on the zapier site for that process I really appreciate your time and help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @justachelle! Thank you Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗