Skip to main content
Question

How do I create a monday.com group and items, and update status based on Mailchimp campaign actions?

• 9 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to set it up so that when a MailChimp campaign is sent, a Monday.com group is created with the title of the campaign. Then I want items created in that group for each contact that the email was sent to. The item name would be the contacts' name. I want there to be a status column for showing if this contact opened the email or clicked within the email. I want a zap to carry over that open/click information to Monday and update that status column every hour. Is that possible?

If someone can walk me through this step by step, I wouldn’t be able to express my appreciation enough. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jmitchell 

This looks to be related to your other topic:

I have this set up, but this only works if the campaign is already created. I need to be able to create a campaign in MailChimp, then have a group created and populated with a list of contacts that the campaign was sent to, then also update the item to show if the email was opened. 

Hi @jmitchell 

This looks to be related to your other topic:

Hi @Troy Tessalone yes, it’s pretty similar. I feel lost and wasn’t sure if I was clear in my original request. I appreciate your response there, but I’m still foggy. 

You showed the zaps to use, but I don’t understand what your screenshots are showing. Can you expand a little more about how to set up these zaps to make it so that when a campaign is created, a group is made with the campaign name and is populated with a list of items that is the contacts who the campaign was sent to? 

Then it’s another zap to set up to update a contact/item in Monday to show if they opened or clicked the email right?