Best answer

How do I create a MailerLite group when a specific Google Forms answer is selected?

• 9 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’m a relative beginner to using Zapier to interface Google Forms and MailerLite. We use both to keep track of the members in our organization. Our members fill out a Google Form that has a few questions, with multiple choice answers to those questions. I’d like to be able to create a group in MailerLite for a specific response to a particular question. 

Is there a way to use a specific multiple choice answer on a Google Form (as in answer A, but not answer B or C) as a trigger in a Zap? If so, what are the steps I need to take?

Attached is a screenshot of what I’ve been able to do so far, which is use a particular question as a trigger, but that triggers regardless of what the selected answer was. Is there a way to refine that further by specific answer? I can use the accompanying spreadsheet to our Google Form if need be, but would still like to refine by specific answer, rather than just that they answered the question.

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 May 2023, 19:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Philosophers4Sustainability, welcome to the Community! 👋

If you want the Zap to only carry out further actions for a specific answer, then I’d suggest adding a Filter by Zapier action to the Zap. A filter will allow you to set a rule where the Zap will only continue to next steps if the selected question field contains answer A.

You can find out more about using filters in Zaps here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters  

Hope that helps to point you in the right direction. If you run into any trouble in setting that up do let us know and we’ll be happy to help! 🙂