Best answer

How do I create a JSON file with a zap?

• 17 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there,

I am looking for a solution that creates a downloadable JSON file.

Current situation: I store data in google spreadsheet, export it as csv and convert the csv into JSON using csvjson.com.

I want to automate these steps in way and tried to create google doc template with the JSON structure, which is filled with data from the spreadsheet. However, the file cannot be downloaded as JSON from the google doc. And even when exporting it as txt file and rename it to .json, the file is corrupted. 

Do you have any ideas or suggestions to achieve this?

Thank you all in advance

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 December 2021, 11:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @TimKranich, welcome to the Community! :)

We don’t have an existing integration with csvjson.com so I’ve added it to our internal wishlist of apps on your behalf. I can’t promise when or if it will be added but we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it is. 

In the meantime, is it possible to connect to csvjson.com to convert the CSV file via an API? If so, you could potentially use a Webhooks by Zapier step to convert the CSV file into JSON. Alternatively, it may be possible to use an app like CloudConvert to convert the from from CSV to JSON instead. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Hey Sam and thank you for your reply.

My question was not specifically related to csvjson.com. However, I will try your suggestions. Thank you!