Best answer

How do I create a Google Doc, have two parties sign it, lock it, then suggest edits to trigger new signatures?

• 16 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I am looking to create a Google doc and have it signed by two parties and lock then have either party be able to propose/suggest edits and that trigger new signatures for acceptance. Any ideas? 

I don't want it o ever be in any other apps so maybe this isn't the best place to ask but I figured I would try.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 July 2022, 11:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jMac35 

As far as I’m aware Google Docs doesn’t offer a way to add a signature in a document, so if you’re looking for something official you’ll need to use a different app. There are lots of apps for signing official documents like Adobe Sign, Pandadoc, HelloSign and many others (those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, and are not an endorsement). 

With the Zapier Google Drive integration you can change the sharing preference of a Google Doc, so you can add permissions for parties to be able to comment on the document, but there isn’t then a way to trigger a Zap (a workflow) based on those changes. 

All in all, I know you don’t want to use other apps, but it sounds like you’re looking for an app that is set up to manage documents for signature, you probably want to take it out of Google Docs entirely. There’s a good chance that there’s one that works in the way that you’ve described.