Question

How do I create a folder called "communications" in Clio every time a new matter is created?

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I am new to Zapier so I thought I would start out with a “simple” zap.  I am trying to create a folder called communications every time a new matter is created in Clio.  I am not having any luck.  Can someone help me out with this?  I am hoping once I figure out what I am doing wrong that will help me when creating other zaps.  Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jlittle 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with any encountered errors, thanks.

See link to the zap we created to create folders/subfolders based the Practice Area selected at the time that a new matter is created in Clio.

https://zapier.com/shared/a81c7c4175bf6a86b42dd84db7112735460f7a66

The link to the zap that I just posted, has one additional action in Xero. Each time a new matter is created in Clio, in addition to the auto population of folders and clio matter reference number, the Zap also creates a contact in Xero based on the label name selected by the user who created the new matter.  

When an expense is incurred on a matter, we enter the expense in both Clio for billing purposes and then in Xero for accounting...the expense entry in Xero is “assigned” to a contact (an Clio Matter).  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Eric LaFleur

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with any encountered errors, thanks.