Skip to main content
Question

How do I create a filter to trigger queries only if there are no numbers in the input data?

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to create a filter that will only work when there are no numbers in the input data. If there are no numbers, the next queries should be executed, but if there is any number in the input data, stop. How can I do that?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Piotr L,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Since it's not clear which field are you looking to filter, I would recommend you just select the fields you need in an Extract Number step. To add the action, simply add in the "Formatter" action and select the "Text" event. Under the "Transform" field, select "Extract Number". In this example, I'm using the Line Item Name:
88e485445c4b8242cc8f0c3807ef126e.png
(view larger)

This action will then return the numbers in each line item name if there are any:

b1823b2c2b2e3074a2455996000ad21e.png
(view larger)

From here, you can edit any of your Paths to use the Output from this step. In this example, I would want the Zap to only continue if the Output above is empty, meaning there were no numbers found in the product names:

f48e3794fdd7714f376e9e63889f7667.png
(view larger)

Can you let me know if this is the solution you have in mind? If so, please don't hesitate to give it a try and let me know how you go.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

is there a way to set this in the filter? e.g. by "(text) is not in" ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Piotr L,

Please relay this question to your open ticket to our Support Team. If you can’t locate their reply, I’d recommend searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com or contact@zapier.com

Thank you for your patience and understanding.