Skip to main content
Question

How do I create a dinner RSVP using Zapier Interfaces with automated emails and reminders?

• 25 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Create a Zapier Interfaces Form asking people to RSVP for a dinner that you’re hosting. For anyone that says yes, please send them an email letting them know further details, and then set up a reminder email that is sent to them 1 day before the event. For everyone that responds no, please send them an email thanking them for filling out the form. This should be done in one Zap.

How is this accomplished in one Zap.

THANK YOU!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @zaporegon. Thanks for joining the Community here! 😁

I’m sorry no one has popped by to offer some suggestions sooner. Were you able to get the desired workflow set up and sending the necessary emails? 

If not, I’d have thought you could achieve that sort of workflow by using Paths to create the necessary branching logic: Add branching logic to Zaps with paths.

For example: 

• Trigger: Form Submission Created (Zapier Interfaces) - runs when someone fills out the form.
  • Path A: Path rules (Paths by Zapier) - set to only allow the Zap to continue onto the next steps in this path if the person selected Yes.
    • Action: Find Record (Zapier Tables) - searches for the event stored in a table to get the necessary details to be added to the email. Doesn’t have to be Zapier Tables you could use a similar search action for a different app. See Search for existing data in Zaps for details.
    • Action: Send Email (Gmail) - sends a confirmation email to the person with details of the event using fields mapped from the previous steps
    • Action: Date/Time > Add/Subtract Time (Formatter by Zapier) - set to remove 1 day from the date of the event of the event found by the Zapier Table. See Modify date and time formats in Zaps to learn more.
    • Action: Delay Until (Delay) - set to delay the next action from being run until 1 day before the event using the date value that’s output by the formatter action. 
    • Action: Send Email (Gmail) - sends a reminder email to the person. Doesn't have to be a Gmail action it’s just used as an email. You can see a full list of the supported email apps here.
  • Path B: Path rules (Paths by Zapier) - set to only allow the Zap to continue onto the next step in this path if the person selected No.
    • Action: Send Email (Gmail) - sends email to the person thanking them for filling out the form.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction if you’re still stuck. If there’s anything else I can help with at all please do let me know!