Best answer

How do I create a cue that publishes on a schedule interval?

• 26 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I want to create a Zap that includes a queue but am not sure how to word it. 

Goal: When I see a fb post I like and want to share with my private group, I can trigger a Zap from the iOS share sheet and the posts will only go out once per day (even if I send 5 posts to the group). 

Support Sought: 

1. I could screenshot the photo, then fill out a form and use the caption/file to create a post (no problem). If there is any other intermediate options available, I’m open. 
  2. How do I build the steps that check if a post has gone out within the last 24 hours, if yes, calculate and wait until it’s been 24 hours, and if no, then send it now.
  3. What would I need to do to queue these posts if I come across several I want to share at the same time?

icon

Best answer by MichelleS 26 September 2022, 13:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, @align432YOGA !

It’s not possible to trigger from the iOS share button at this time, but as a workaround, you could create a separate email box using something like Gmail. Then, you could share to that email box and trigger from there.

As for collecting posts to send later, this is a perfect scenario for the Digest by Zapier app! It lets you collect new items and release them either manually or on a schedule. Here’s more info: https://zapier.com/help/create/storage-and-digests/compile-data-in-a-digest-in-zaps

Checking for the 24 hour mark is a bit tricky. But, if you use digest to release on a set schedule, you can ensure that posts are going out every day (so long as you’re sending stuff to the digest).