Best answer

How do I copy all the information from the Shopify order to create a new invoice within QuickBooks Online?

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone, 

We have had issues with other apps regarding the name/number given to invoices created using shopify→ QuickBooks applications. Is it possible to automate the following upon fulfillment of a shopify order?

1. Create a new invoice within QuickBooks (this is an important first step, because we want the invoice # to be the next in the existing sequence)
  2. Copy the rest of the information from the Shopify order (including data from custom fields/metafields)

And finally, would this be possible with a single multi-step Zap? I am not familiar with the Zapier system, and hopefully this is possible without requiring a large number of Zaps per order.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by MichelleS 30 June 2022, 19:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JoseDojindo 

Good question.

Have you tried configuring the desired Zap?

There is this QBO Zap action available:

QBO is a Premium app and requires a paid Zapier plan.

Help article to learn about Tasks in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/manage/history/learn-about-tasks-in-zapier

Hello Troy,

Thank you for the quick reply.

We have not tried the Zap, because we have not invested into QuickBooks Online yet. I was hoping someone with personal experience would be able to tell us definitively before we invested the money and time into switching to QuickBooks Online

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JoseDojindo 

Every Zap is a bit different as it depends on your fully defined requirements for the workflow you are trying to automate.

Copy the rest of the information from the Shopify order (including data from custom fields/metafields)

Sometimes more advanced Zap configurations require using an app’s API.

Looks like QBO has a Free Trial: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/online/advanced/free-trial/

Zapier has a free plan that can be used to configure and test the Zaps to determine if it will meet your needs before upgrading to a paid plan.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, @JoseDojindo ! 

Quickbooks allows you to either leave the invoice number blank, or the Zap can automatically create/autoincrement the invoice number for you.

So, what you could do, in a single Zap is:

1. TRIGGER: Shopify, New Paid Order
  2. ACTION: Quickbooks, Create Invoice

Since you’re new to Zapier, here’s some help to get you going:

I hope this points you in the right direction! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @JoseDojindo! Were you able to move forward based on some of the suggestions in this thread? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!