Skip to main content
Question

How do I copy a Zapier template folder, including subfolders and accounts, to a new named folder using the Zapier API?

Hello everyone,

I have a template folder in my Zapier account.

How can I copy this folder with all Zaps / Sub folders and paste it into a new renamed folder? Using the API, of course.

Also, if possible, I would like to define the accounts in the zaps.

I hope someone can help me. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

I would like to build a Javascript API that is structured like this:

const express = require('express');
const fetch = require('node-fetch');
const app = express();
const zapierApiKey = "";

app.post('/api/copy-folder', async (req, res) => {
const { nameInput } = req.body;
const folderName = `Folder for ${nameInput}`;

// and so on

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @timdev 

Help article for how to copy Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/15408145778829-Duplicate-your-Zap

There is no Zap API endpoint for copying a Zap Folder.

https://docs.api.zapier.com/api-reference/getting-started/authentication

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @timdev, welcome to the Community! 👋

Troy is correct. While it’s possible to manually copy a Zap in your Zapier account, there isn’t an API available that would allow you to copy a folder and all it’s sub folders and Zaps. I can see how this might be useful though so I’ve submitted your idea to the Product Team for consideration. I can’t make any promises as to whether it’ll definitely implemented but we’ll be sure to let you know when/if it is!

If there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime please do let us know! 🙂

Hey @SamB 

First of all, thank you for your reply.
I have also passed this function on to your technical team, who are currently reviewing it. I think this function would be very helpful and simple. It would save many agencies a lot of work.

Thanks to @Troy Tessalone and @SamB anyway

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome @timdev! 🤗

Glad to hear the team are looking into that feature request for you. Hopefully it’s something that can be implemented soon! 🤞