Best answer

How do I copy a new input from a google form responses sheet in to another sheet

• 1 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone

At my company, we're looking to automize the process of sending a results report to users that answer an evaluation we have created via Google forms, since we do a lot of market research for clients we will definitely be creating new zaps for each research campaign our clients request. Since these forms are quite long, I was wondering if there is any way to just have Zapier copy a new row from one google sheet to another, our process for creating these evaluations is simple.

1. An evaluation and/or survey created via Google forms
  2. A Google sheet (which we call a "calculator") that determines values and assigns scores based on each question's answers (in a lot of cases some of these questions are multiple choice, but each choice has different values assigned and are not always numerical, they can be used to categorize the respondent in some cases meaning the value given is qualitative and is dependent on the answers of other questions)
  3. A google slide with linked tables and graphs that summarizes the info from the Google sheet and serves as an easy-to-read report. 

So far the process has just been coping the new responses from the form spreadsheet into the calculator sheet, then updating the slides presentation and exporting as a PDF.

In order to keep the automatization of the process simple and quick in the future, I'm looking for a way for the zap to simply trigger when there is a new response, and copy said response to the calculator worksheet (everything else I have figured out)

thank you to all who answer in advance 

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 1 October 2022, 09:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Aaron SVX 

This seems very straightforward actually. All you need to do is the following:

1. Setup Trigger for Google Forms > New Form Response 
  2. Add Action Google Sheets > Create Spreadsheet Row. In this action choose the Calculator sheet you have. This is a great resource to get you started with Google Sheets on Zapier https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help
  3. Add Action Google Slides > Create Presentation From Template

Please try and let me know if you need any more help :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there @Aaron SVX , were you able to get a Zap set up thanks to the help of Moh?

Feel free to reach out again if you had questions about this or anything else!