Skip to main content
Question

How do I convert a PDF to monochrome/black and white using Zapier before printing?

• 9 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I have a FlutterFlow project incorporating custom code to capture document images with edge identification. However, the current implementation lacks the desired 'scanned document' appearance in black and white.

Requirements:

1. FlutterFlow project with custom code for document image capture.
  2. Image processing to identify document edges.

Objective: Convert PDF to black and white for printing/scanning purposes.

Challenge: Uploaded PDFs have too much color and gray due to the off-white nature of the images.

Question: Is there a way to monochrome/black and white a PDF uploaded to Dropbox using Zapier before printing or scanning?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @moiterate, welcome to the Community! 🙂

Good question! Hmm, I’ve not come across any app on Zapier that’s has an option to convert a PDF to black & white/grayscale. But it may be worth taking a look through the ones listed here to see if there’s any there which are able to do that.

That said, what are you using to print/scan the images? Just wondering if there’s an option on that side of things that would allow you to set it to default to scan or print in black & white/grayscale? Could that be an option perhaps?

Eager to make sure you’re all set here so please keep us updated on how you get on!