Best answer

How do I consolidate all tag names in a single tag field?

I’ve seen several topics describing this same issue. Unfortunately, they are all closed so I’ve had to start a new topic. It looks like there was no resolution to the earlier posts. Wondering if there have been any updates.

I'm using the Pocket integration to push new entries to Notion. Pocket allows me to save "Tags" associated with each saved item, but the format of these tags in Zapier is difficult to account for using the interface.

For example, if I save a web page with the tags "MySQL", "Pocket", & "App Integration", the data pulled from Pocket is formatted like this:

image.pngHowever, when I try to customize the record in the Notion section, the fields associated with this entry are formatted like this:

image.pngI'm really just looking for a single Tags field. Since the tag names change all the time, something like Tag 1, Tag 2, Tag 3... etc. would be preferred. Any suggestions on how to consolidate? I can't account for all possible tag names upfront. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jesse 19 July 2022, 17:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dieselfish 

Good question.

You’ll have to use a custom Code step to handle the format the Tags are sent from Pocket to Zapier.

Using Code in Zaps is an advanced approach.

If you need help, consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @dieselfish, I hear you on this one! After some digging, it looks like this is current our top feature request for the Pocket integration on Zapier. While I unfortunately don’t have an ETA just yet on when you can expect this to be released, I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to increase it’s priority. If/when it gets released, we’ll email you personally as well as update this thread for anyone following along. 

Sorry we don’t have a way forward on this one for the time being, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll be able to tackle this one sooner rather than later! 🤞

In the meantime, if you’re up for it, Troy’s suggestion for using a Code step may be a way around this.

Was this ever fixed? It seems that it is still impossible to consolidate all tags from a pocket item. This really undermines what it is possible to do with this tool.