Question

How do I connect PandaDoc to create a document when an opportunity has a status "In Progress" in High Level?

• 19 January 2024
  • 12 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Logic

1. TRIGGER - in High Level - When an opportunity goes to status In Process
  2. ACTION - Create a document in PandaDoc, from template Proposal Template. 

Document is created, some fields are passed, but certain ones don’t. I’ve connected the fields as shown in the screenshot, however,  “Opportunity Name” is not showing up in PandaDoc. 

Question
How do I connect these fields into PandaDoc? Thank you for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sailboat 

Can you provide a screenshot example of what does appear for the PandaDoc document name when generated via the Zap?

If you are testing with your Zap ON, then check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for responding! I’ve attached the screenshots below for Data in and Out

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sailboat 

One of the attachments did not upload.

We would need to see the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step.

@Troy Tessalone Ah, sorry, second try!

Here’s Data In @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sailboat 

Can you post screenshots of the DATA IN/OUT for the PandaDoc step in the same Zap Run?

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

@Troy Tessalone Yup!

Data In:

send:false

currency:CAD

doc_name: {{222422584__location__name}} Very Big Website VERSION 2

template_uuid: ARxw4R9F4fQshURM7gcPDn

pricing_table_name: Pricing Table 2

r_Client_email: xxxxxxxxx@setsail.ca

r_Client_first_name: Taylor

r_Client_last_name: Swift

r_Client_company: {{222422584__location__name}}

r_Client_phone: +16xxxxxxxxx

Products:0:

Fields with no value:

t_Deal.CloseDate

t_Deal.DealContactName

t_Deal.DealName

t_Project Timeline

t_RFP Number

Date Out

id: coTmRPdoE2mj7NdQJUXiwZ

name: Very Big Website VERSION 2

date_created: 2024-01-19T18:45:36.040584Z

date_modified: 2024-01-19T18:45:36.572424Z

version: 2

pdf: https://zapier-dev-files.s3.amazonaws.com/cli-platform/19741/mOi18tGzjODQVtEOCOqtIfm1ePAb2nLF7AKyt-aL1qv0Z_sEuWvHhHfiOqiXe_BZFro2CE6t3nPEqC1YyGMleGQSucSiLZVBvgb-2BeHl5hinVhVIe22zeqQmiP7hCgxVMRVl7jo6AeoaFs1-8j0yYb4I-QyPUPhWVivHt2DlrM

Fields with no value:

date_completed

expiration_date

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sailboat 

Please post screenshots to make sure the data is viewing in true context, thanks.

@Troy Tessalone For sure, here are the screenshots!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sailboat 

Shows how the PandaDoc step is configured for the Document Name.

Zap Run DATA IN for the PandaDoc step shows a {{placeholder}} for the mapped Location Name variable meaning the value was missing.

That means when the Zap ran the Location Name field value from GHL was not populated.

Gotcha, sounds like High Level didn’t work.. Is there any solution to this? @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sailboat 

I can’t open the screenshot you uploaded for the DATA OUT from GHL/LeadConnector, can you attach again?

If the Location Name is empty then that explains why the value didn’t get sent to PandaDoc.

You’ll want to make sure the Location Name is populated in GHL before performing the event that triggers the Zap.