Best answer

How do I connect both a Stripe Live account and Test Account?

Userlevel 3

I have already connected my live Stripe account.

But when I go to connect my test account, I can’t find an option to add my test keys.  I even accidentally created a NEW Stripe account entirely in my attempt.

When I get to the “Select the account you'd like to connect to Zapier” step, I’m given only one account option.

Connecting it anyway, I have verified this is my LIVE account.

I have even tried connecting while logged into Stripe with “test mode” toggled.

How do I get to a step that lets me add my test keys?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 June 2022, 22:44

View original

87 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Hikage! Thanks for stopping by! 👋🏽
I did some digging and it looks like currently the app only supports the live or production version of Stripe. 😔 That said, there is an open feature request to allow for both the test and production environments! I went ahead and added your vote to this. While I can’t offer an estimate on when or if this will get implemented we’ll be sure to email you if that changes. We’ll also keep this topic updated as well!

I hope this helps and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Userlevel 3

@christina.d, this was available in the older version of Stripe, as I did have both connected.  Any idea why it was removed with the update?

Userlevel 1

Now there is no Stripe (legacy) integration, so no way to test Stripe payments.  I am not sure what the rationale is for releasing integrations that you cannot test.  Hopefully, this integration update will be released soon, because in order to process a payment in Stripe, you need a credit card.  Without access to Stripe’s Test mode data, a real credit card will have to be charged just to test this integration.  Does Zapier expect users to charge live credit cards to see if this integration works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Hikage and @Bdub. Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. It’s definitely heard and valid. 
While I don’t have insight to share regarding the changes, I can assure you your concerns have been passed along to the team.
I know it’s not ideal but we’ll be sure to let you know once this is available. 

I appreciate you taking the time to flag this for us and we’ll be in touch once we know more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi@Hikage!

I know this isn’t the ideal way of doing it, but you can actually use Stripe webhooks + our Webhooks by Zapier app as the trigger. That way you can easily test things out, since you just have to toggle on test mode in Stripe :)

When you’re logged into Stripe, you’d go here (make sure to select Test Mode):

3b2375547b8d7d6723b67a728fb180bf.gif

Choose which event(s) you want to capture, and enter the URL provided by Webhooks by Zapier (Catch Hook) in the Endpoint URL box that Stripe gives you:

Once you’ve created your Zap, you should be able to un-toggle test mode, create a webhook in your live environment and point it to the same Zapier webhook URL. All the fields *should* stay the same (make sure to double-check when you get a live transaction).

Some of our competitors actually just use webhooks rather than authenticating with Stripe at all. It’s definitely one approach, then you’re not limited by the triggers that we have for Stripe :)

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote as well. It’s disappointing that such an obvious feature is missing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @konrad_alan 

We apologize for the inconvenience. I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll update via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Add my vote. This is a HUGE oversight.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @joelataffirmation 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Add my vote too!
There is no way I am running a zap in production with real credits cards without testing it first :-/ 
I will try nicksimard’s workaround, but that is far from user-friendly!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @cemior 

Welcome to the community! We do apologize for the inconvenience. Let me add your vote for this feature request, and we’ll update via email once readily available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

A related thing: Stripe page recommends using Zapier to send post payment emails to customers. They point to the article under https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-to-use-stripe-payment-links-with-zapier that describes the proces (specifically how to retrieve line items). I know that this article was there just a few days ago, but now is gone. Could we restore it? Or could you point me to its new url?

Add my vote as well - I am currently evaluating Zapier among other products and not having this function available disqualifies it from being considered a serious contender.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Bejay 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Please add my vote too… Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Jules86 

I am done adding your vote for this feature request. We’ll give you any updates via email, and make sure to update this thread whenever there’s any update available.

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote, one for my wife, each of my three kids, my mother and my next door neighbour. Hes a bit of a d**k but I have NO doubt that he would agree that this is a major doozie which needs to be rectified ASAP Zapier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @HHcolcas 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll email you once there’s an update available. Thanks

Please add my vote, using Webhook by Zapier has been very difficult for me because of the litany of Formatter by Zapier processes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Hiroyasu 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll update you vial email once available. Thanks!

Please add my vote also.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @dandee 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll update you via email once this feature is implemented. Thanks!

Please add my vote.

I’ve got to hook together multiple applications (inc. Stripe) and as it involves payments, I can’t be polluting my company’s live accounts with test transactions as I work out and test the details of data passing between them.

Kinda disappointed if I’m honest … I’d actually assumed test environments would be a standard!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @jdhobbs 

I’ve added you vote for this feature request, we’ll keep this thread update and email you once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

+1000 votes

Absolutely ridiculous that we can not hook into test steams on such an important integration.

When is this scheduled for release?

It ABSOLUTELY has to be on a near/short term roadmap.

Extra info:

Processing real transactions not only pollutes a production system but also if you refund in Stripe it later affects your rating with them and the card issuers - so when you go to ask for better rates they look at your refund ratio (i.e. your risk rating). So for us, test transactions in production is forbidden leaving us with no real way to test. Ridiculous.