Question

How do I connect and match orders from Payhip to BookVault correctly using Zapier?

• 30 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Has anyone successfully connected orders on Payhip to correct orders on BookVault?  Payhip thinks I have good orders that are being fulfilled, but BookVault has never received them because some of the fields in Payhip are not being picked up, so no orders are generated. I’ve read everything on this site about changing the Trigger Record data, but what I see on my end does not look like the examples in the Zap Help area. I am quite frustrated. I’d love to get it to work!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Parker Hudson 

To help us have more context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2024 9:07 AM
To: Parker Hudson
Cc: contact <contact@payhip.com>; customers@bookvault.app
Subject: Re: Direct Book Sales from Payhip to Bookvault

Hi Parker,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with your Payhip to Bookvault Zap. I understand how frustrating this can be, and I appreciate your patience as we work through this together.

From your message, it sounds like the issue might be related to test data. When setting up a Zap, we use test data to ensure everything is working properly. However, if there are no previous orders (or "Zaps") to pull data from, this can be a bit tricky.

In such cases, you can manually input data in the test fields. Here's how to do it:

1. In the Zap editor, click on the 'Test trigger' step.
2. You'll see a field with a dropdown list. Click on it to reveal the list.
3. Instead of selecting an order, click on 'Enter custom value' at the bottom of the dropdown list.
4. Here, you can manually enter all the required information.

After this, you should be able to pull this data into the corresponding fields in the Bookvault action step. Please remember to use data that's similar to what you expect from a real order.

I hope this helps! If you're still having trouble, please send me a screenshot of your test trigger step (where you're seeing the 'No Data' message), and I'll be able to provide more specific guidance.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience. We'll get this sorted out together.

Best regards,

--
Chris - Zapier Support

Chris,

Thank you. I really hate feeling so stupid, but when I go to what I think is the Edit for the Zap, there is no “Enter Custom Value” that I can see at the bottom of the dropdown list. I’ve added the top and the bottom of what I think is that list to the Word doc I previously sent you. What am I missing?

Parker

Troy,

THANK YOU. I have been successful with both PayHip and BookVault independently, but connecting them has been my issue. I’m brand new to Zapier, and so I imagine that I’m just missing some very basic step or concept. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Parker

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Parker Hudson 

Help article about how to configure Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

We would need to see how your Zap step 2 is configured.

Error indicate that required fields are missing values in Bookvault.

I followed the instructions from BookVault. See the last three Print Screens on the attached.

THANK YOU.

Parker

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Parker Hudson 

The file only had 1 screenshot with no new context about how the Bookvault Zap step is configured.

Troy, sorry. I picked up the earlier Word doc. Try this one!

THANKS.

Parker

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Parker Hudson 

As an example, the mapped variable value has “No data”, but the field is required and expects a value.

To troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs and post screenshots of the DATA IN/OUT for each step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

You can add a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap to prevent errors by checking to make sure the required field variables have values that exists: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Troy,

Thank you. I think the issue has to do with Testing and a first order, which Chris wrote about here, but makes no sense to me, because I don’t see an “Enter Custom Value” at the bottom of the dropdown list. What am I missing?

From your message, it sounds like the issue might be related to test data. When setting up a Zap, we use test data to ensure everything is working properly. However, if there are no previous orders (or "Zaps") to pull data from, this can be a bit tricky.

In such cases, you can manually input data in the test fields. Here's how to do it:

1. In the Zap editor, click on the 'Test trigger' step.
2. You'll see a field with a dropdown list. Click on it to reveal the list.
3. Instead of selecting an order, click on 'Enter custom value' at the bottom of the dropdown list.
4. Here, you can manually enter all the required information.

After this, you should be able to pull this data into the corresponding fields in the Bookvault action step. Please remember to use data that's similar to what you expect.

Thank you again.

Parker

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Parker Hudson 

The screenshot is from an email notification for a live Zap Run that encountered an error.

We would need to see screenshots from the Zap Runs of the DATA IN/OUT for each step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

I’m going to have to give up for a few days,. This is so incredibly frustrating. And now I see that I had an extra digit in the ISBN number for the book on the Payhip form, which I’ve just fixed, but I don’t think that has anything to do with the Addresses transfering over. 

I wish Zapier had a Customer Service person with whom I could actually talk, and hopefully even Screen Share. For example, I have no idea what screen shots to send now.

SURELY it doesn’t have to be this complicated.

Thank you again.

Parker

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Parker Hudson 

If you need 1:1 help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Parker Hudson 

How to troubleshoot…

1. Go to your Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history
  2. Click on a Zap Run that has an error.
  3. See the tabs for the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.