Question

How do I connect and manage Asana tasks/projects in Salesforce?

Badge

I’m struggling with the connection between Asana and Salesforce, namely connecting and removing tasks/projects from cases.  Is there a way to handle this through Zapier?  The connection seems to happen through Salesforce, but I’m unsure which objects/records/fields handle that connection.  I’d love some advice.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BattyMom 

Good question.

Perhaps you can outline a specific example for us with screenshots to give us more context, thanks.

Badge

Absolutely,, @Troy Tessalone!  Sorry for the delay.  Here is the Asana connection via Salesforce (that has the “Remove from Case” option) as well as the connecting task/project in Asana.  What I’m looking to do is remove the task from the case after it is completed.  Not from Asana, just that connection to the case.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BattyMom 

Likely one of these options can be used:

• Update Record
    • To clear the field that has the linked record.
  • API Request
    • To remove the linked record

Badge

So the Asana connector is a related object that I’m not very familiar with.  I don’t know which field to update on which object in order to get it to disconnect.  I tried using the Schema Builder to help, but still unsure.  And I’m afraid I’m completely lost on an API request.  Is there someone who has an example Zap that creates/removes connections between Asana tasks and SF cases?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BattyMom 

If the objects are linked, then you should be able to update either object.

Might be easier to unlink the Case object from the Asana Task object since that would be a 1:1 relationship.

Badge

You would think that, and I’ve been looking for that link but cannot figure out the integration.  As you can see on the schema builder, there doesn’t appear to be a link between case and and Asana object.  On the Asana side of things, there just appears to be a comment stating that they are linked, with no actual way to remove the connection.  This is why I am so confused on the problem.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BattyMom 

The link may be obfuscated due to the Asana <> Salesforce integration.

Badge

Understandable, but that is the source of my question.  I’m looking for an example Zap I can follow that will allow me to disconnect the SF Case from Asana as I do not know which field in either the Case object or Asana object establishes/removes the link within the integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BattyMom 

Most automations are unique to the business case for the logic being configured.

There likely isn’t a specific example for you to reference, especially for the Asana <> Salesforce native integration.

You can try searching other Zapier Community topics to see if there is something similar to reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BattyMom 

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace