Skip to main content

First of all, thanks for everything.

I have some zaps that read my email, and when the subject or sender matches a filter, it performs an action.

I've noticed that every time I get an email to that account, it goes through the zap, and it counts it as a task.
If I receive 1000 emails in one day, it does 1000 tasks.
If I have two zaps that read that email, and they do different things or filters, it uses up a lot of tasks.

Isn't there another way to do this cheaper? Can't you configure how often the trigger reads the email, so that for example it reads an hour, and processes all the emails for an hour as a task?

I don't know if I've made myself clear, but it makes the NEW Email trigger VERY expensive

Hi @kinomakino 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Are you using this Zap trigger: Outlook - New Email Matching Search

No, now I use : new email and then I do a search, but for the purposes of task consumption, using the option you indicate would have the same effect, that is, for each email I receive, I would evaluate the search and consume a task, right?
Thanks for answering

@kinomakino 

Info about how Task usage is counted in Zap Runs: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496196837261-How-is-usage-measured-in-Zapier

Thanks! I've changed it, let's see how it goes.
I understand that if I put the search in the trigger, when it is not executed, the task does not count.

Thanks! I hope to confirm it

Hi @kinomakino,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Thanks, good solutions

That’s great news @kinomakino! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗