Best answer

How do I configure a zap to monitor all private Slack channels instead of just one?

• 29 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I created a zap to copy each message, image file and link from my private slack channels to a zapier table.  So far it looks like I can only monitor one private channel with this zap instead of all of my private channels.  Is there a way to make this zap applicable to all private channels or do I have to create a new zap for every private channel?  We add 3-10 private channels per year for each new project, so this would add MORE manual work when a new project is set up.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 1 April 2024, 07:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MKB Design,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “New Message Posted to Private Channel” is not able to trigger on all private channels at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request to allow the “New Message in Private Channel” trigger to trigger off all private channels.

I have added you as another interested member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!