Skip to main content

So as the title suggests, I’m trying to set up multiple zaps so that they all end up in one centralized area but in different spots. Specifically a Monday.com board. Only issue is, the fields I’m looking for in Printavo (the place where I’m pulling my information from) does not have the relevant information.

Let me give an example.

1. I want the name, number, image and date from a task in Printavo.
  2. Issue is that the field I’m getting information from does not contain the image or an accurate date.
  3. I have to make a new zap for it.
  4. I run into the issue where trying to add it to Monday.com results in a duplicate of the same item being created but the relevant fields I need are filled out. 

I want to be able to have it so all of the information gets stored in one place and then gets put in its proper place without having to micromanage all of it.

@DarkRoom try using Find ( in Monday) step to search if the task exist in monday or not and then create/Update it

Hi @DarkRoom 

Good question.

Try using these Monday Zap actions:

• Get Item by Column Value
  • Change Multiple Columns Value

I guess I’ll try and post my whole process as I seem to be over-complicating it for myself when I try to fix it by myself.

I’m trying to get the invoice number, customer name, production date and an image that is connected to the invoice in printavo to automatically be added into a monday.com board.

I can get everything but the production date and image. The trigger I use (New Task in Printavo) doesn’t have this information and I’m not sure how to go about getting it other than making a new zap entirely and trying to coordinate it between the multiple zaps to update the same item in Monday.com

@DarkRoom 

It would be helpful for us to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us context.

Sorry about that

This is currently what I’m working with. Its far from optimized.

If you need to see anything specific please let me know.

@DarkRoom 

You mentioned having 2 Zaps, but only posted a screenshot of 1 Zaps.

Did you try this advice for the second Zap?

Try using these Monday Zap actions:

• Get Item by Column Value
  • Change Multiple Columns Value

NOTE: To further optimize the Zap steps, you can use 1 Code step instead of multiple Formatter steps.

I did try having multiple zaps but I would like to condense it down to one zap to keep everything orderly. Would what I’m trying to do even be obtainable in only one zap? I know that you can’t have multiple triggers in one zap.

Also as far as the coding optimization goes I know next to nothing about coding so that wouldn’t be all too practical for me at this time.

@DarkRoom 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how each Zap step is configured to have more context.

We would also need to see screenshots that outline a specific example and the issues you are facing with the data in Monday.

It sounds like your use case would be solved if the New Task trigger also pulled in production date and image. Is that right?

Yes, that is correct.

Hey DarkRoom,

I’m looking through the Printavo API and I don’t see a production date or image field on their task object. Are these custom fields you have set up? Is the production date you refer to the due date on the task?

Hey @DarkRoom 

I am a heavy monday.com user and I can tell you few tips that should work with any app for the most part. 

I am not familiar with Printavo personally but I can tell you regarding adding images in Monday the following: 

1. The image will need to be a URL. 

2. In case Printavo does not publish a URL to an image within your task (as @shalgrim mentioned), then you won’t be able to pull the photo or image you want to use. 

3. If you do have a URL for an image, then you will need to use a Monday.com step called “Upload File to Specific Column” assuming you know the Monday.com item ID. 

4. For a date, you said you are not getting an “Accurate Date” - how are you getting the date? And how you would like it to appear in Monday.com? 

5. Note that monday.com has different data field types (text, numbers, date, location, file) - It is easiest to use “Text” field type for everything except of course “File” and “Location” which shows location on map (Google Maps) 

6. You mentioned that you are getting a duplicate in Monday - you should add a “Filter” to only continue if “item with specific column value” does not exist. 

I hope all these notes help in some way! 

One key advise I would mention, is that it is very important for you to know the Monday.com Item ID if you want to update an existing monday.com ID. 

You can potentially create and/OR update a Monday.com within the same Zap but will need to filter in the condition of “if does not exist, create”  / “If item exist already, then update column values” 

Consider using “Paths” by Zapier which allows you to run multiple conditions to check against before doing any action. 

You will need to be on a higher plan to access the “Paths” which is a multi-filter essentially 

Again, I hope this all helps and happy to give more feedback if you have any comments 

Cheers