Question

How do I combine multiple values in the left-hand side or Key input fields of a Lookup Table?

• 6 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I’ve successfully created a lookup table to map my Cognito Forms request for quote form to Quickbooks product SKUs.

Some of my products require multiple answers (and therefore inputs in the left hand side of the lookup) to define which Quickbook product should be selected. 

How should the Lookup keys be separated in the Lookup key section? Do they need separating?

I’ve tried using “+” in the left hand column of the lookup table as shown above, but unsuccessfully. How do I combine the two required values in the left hand side?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SC Audio 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Have you also tried separating them by space only? Or without the true or false?

If so, did you get an error? Could you send screenshots of the error message? I want to ensure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction!

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Hi Charie,

I’ve just tried that now, but I don’t get an output back when I test with just a space, or when I take the true or false out…

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @SC Audio 

I noticed that you contacted our Support Team. Here’s what my colleague said:

You won't need to put a plus sign or any spaces between the values. The input will bring them inside by side and they will be combined into one value, which is what it will look for in the left hand column.

For example in the screenshot you sent above, the input would appear like this: PF112MTtrue

It would then look for that exact value on the left hand side and spit out the value in the same row on the right hand column.

Can you give that a try and let me know if you run into any issues?

You may want to continue the conversation with them as they can dig deeper into issues and errors of the Zap thru our internal logs.