Question

How do I clear a date value in an ActiveCampaign date field with Zapier?

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I am using the ‘create or update a contact’ action step and need to clear a date value in an Active Campaign date field. Is this possible with Zapier?

The API route doesn’t allow this, it also can’t be automated within an ActiveCampaign automation step. I’m hoping there is a route to achieve this within Zapier where the rest of the set-up is currently. It’s possible to achieve this in Make using {{emptystring}}

The field needs to be a date field as it’s used as an automation trigger.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Coral 

Good question.

If you can’t clear it, perhaps set it to a date in the past.

Thanks, I considered this workaround but I want it to be clean data with no ambiguity for the team that will be viewing the contact records.   

My back up plan is handling this part in Make where it is possible but I hoped there may be a trick in Zapier that can achieve the same and keep the full set-up  in one place. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Coral, welcome to the Community! 👋

There isn’t an option like {{emptystring}} which would clear the date field unfortunately. I took a look to see if there were any existing feature requests or reports of this behaviour but I couldn’t find anything on this end. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to request that a feature request be opened up for this on your behalf. You can get in touch with them to do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution but hope this helps for now. 🙂