Best answer

How do I choose the schedule when it's greyed out for my Zap action?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

Any idea why I cannot add schedule to zap? I wish to run this Gmail attachment uploads notifications to Monday only once per week. Choosing Schedule in actions list is grayed out.

Screenshot: 

icon

Best answer by jphorn 8 January 2023, 11:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Schedule is only possible as Trigger. You have to start with Schedule as Trigger, add a filter to only have the step execute on Mondays and then add your Google upload step.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Oh I see.

So can I somehow avoid recreating existing 5-step zap and add trigger on top? Current trigger is new Gmail with attachment. So if I wish to add a schedule trigger before it the zap edit page doesn't allow me to move it above current Gmail trigger. How do I save my time not to recreate this truly detailed 5-step zap for which I wish trigger to be schedule and not new Gmail.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Recreate the first step as another step (unfortunately it’s not possible to duplicate) and when done change the first step to Schedule by changing the APP from Gmail to Schedule.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Oh yes, I haven't thought of that. Excellent. Thank you for saving my time! 👍❤️

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hm, so I created first step to be Schedule and when adding second step Gmail then the event New attachment isn't available? Only available events are those in the group Create new email and Find emails. Why in this 2nd step event New attachment isn't available but it is when zap has Gmail app as starting trigger?

I tried Find emails but altough find event testing was successful it didn't offer attached files in 3rd step for upload to Google drive.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Your second step should be “Find message” with search query has:attachment. Feel free to add more search modifiers if you’re looking for particular messages, e.g. with a specific subject has:attachment subject:”Your invoice”

You can combine multiple search modifiers.

In your third step “Upload to Google Drive” you can use the value “All attachments” from the found message (or pick a specific attachment if you need just one)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Tnx, trying to test but the option to Transfer existing data is gone from the menu?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hm and this solution produced a new problem.

Find email finds the same email each time zap runs on schedule. I need function which would check for New email as the one I used from Gmail app when Gmail new mail was a trigger beginning g the zap before I out Schedule to trigger zap.

Ah…

How to make it find new emails with given filter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Vesna sorry to hear you’re still running into some trouble! Are you able to send over some screenshots showing you have the “Find Email” step configured as well as showing where you’re trying to access the ability to transfer existing data? With a bit more context, we can continue to help troubleshoot. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi,

Here are screenshots for both.

So find email function on each new zap run detects all past emails that fit the filter criteria, instead only new ones.

As for the function Transfer existing data as you can see some zaps have it and some not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Vesna Thank you for sharing these! What you’re experiencing with that step is the intended behavior even though I understand that’s not the intended behavior you’re wanting to create. So let’s see if we can find a better way.

Your goal is to upload attachments from NEW Gmail emails that came in over the week AND match your search criteria, to Monday.com ONCE per week, is that correct? If so, you will need to build your Zap like this:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Excellent, thank you so much for this video! Learned a lot useful routines for my other zaps also! 👍👍👍

I cannot find a solution now how to delete emails from which zap successfully extracted attachments? I understand deletion of emails isn't in actions but I wanted to add label Trash and when I go to choose which emails none is offered altough the previous step finding Gmail shows results on Test button and transfers those results to next steps when testing (Monday etc).

Screenshot:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Vesna wonderful! I am so glad to hear that was helpful. 🙂 As for that drop-down, try choosing the “custom” option and then mapping in a message ID from the previous step - I believe that should do the trick. Keep us posted!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Excellent, mail sent to trash and all working perfectly. You can close the topic 👍❤️