Question

How do I check if a lead is already in CRM and get their purchase history, a salesperson from an Excel sheet?

• 7 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I have many Exell sheets full lead data. Every time someone adds a new lead into the spreadsheet, I want a few simple automations to occur: 

• Zapier answers the question: Is this person already in our CRM? True or False
  • If so, how much have they ordered in the past?
  • Who is the salesperson that dealt with this person? 

I attached a screen shot of how it would look below. 

I know it’s possible to do this in Zapier but I can’t seem to figure it out. What type of Zap would I need to do and how would I structure this? Please let me know. Thanks so much! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zachderhak 

Good question.

Which CRM app are you using?

OBSERVATION

The data in the Excel looks like it has a header row as every other row.

Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zachderhak 

These MS Dynamics 365 Zap actions can be used to find data.

Thank you for the help. I have crafted my initial zap and it is not working. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? 

If you look at the screenshot, I want to use the current data featured in the spreadsheet and cross reference it with CRM to automatically update the rest of the spreadsheet. 

The second image is a picture of my current zap but it is not working. 

What I’ve attempted to do is whenever I new row is added, Zapier checks that contact in CRM by checking if email address matches with any CRM email address. Then it answers the Yes or No Questions. 

However, this is not working. I’m confused on how what to select as the row on the update spreadsheet step. I attached a 3rd screenshot showing my interface.  The reason being that I don’t want to update a specific row, I want the spreadsheet to automatically fill in every time someone adds a new row.

Please let me know what you think, and I greatly appreciate this support. 

Best,

Zach

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zachderhak 

In Step 3, you need to map the Row ID from Step 1.

I did that and now it updates for one row. But I want the spreadsheet to update whenever a new row is added. How do I do this so that everytime someone adds a new row, zapier auto updates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zachderhak 

You need to map the dynamic variable for the Row/ID from step 1 using the ‘Custom’ option.