Best answer

How do I check a Stripe payment link to see if a client has paid or not?

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m creating a system that sends Stripe payment links to customers and then also checks if the customer has paid or not when asked. But I’m having a trouble here because I’m just testing out with a test Stripe account and because of that I don’t know will it work with a real Stripe account. I’m adding my workflow down here, The last one “Find Payment in Stripe” will not be on the same Zap with others but I included it here to show them all in one screenshot, the Zap with the “Find Payment in Stripe” action only get called when the customer says that he/she paid to the chatbot. The reason why I’m asking is this: In the action “Find Payment in Stripe”, there is a description on an input like this “Enter the Stripe ID of the payment intent to find. (e.g. pi_51kxCxb1NFWajM)” but I need to insert the ID that the “Create Payment Link” action gave me as a response which is something like “plink_1234” on the Zapier example description for it. So one starts as “pi” and the other starts as “plink”, so will it work like this with a real Stripe account? Will this Zap would be able to get the status of the payment? Here is the workflow screenshot:

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 April 2024, 12:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Bora, welcome to the Community! 👋

If the Zap works with the Stripe account in test mode then it should also work when it’s connected to the Stripe account in live mode. But to be completely certain, what you could do is connect the Zap to the live Stripe account (keep the Zap switched off while running manual tests). Then perform whatever action should trigger the Zap for a test customer to pull in a new test record for a test customer that’s linked to an email address you own. Then you can test all the Stripe actions for that test customer on the live Stripe account to find them, create the payment link, make the payment via that link (you would then refund yourself after the test is complete) before then testing the Find Payment action. 

That said, I’m not 100% sure you’d need the Find Payment action in the other Zap, as I’m thinking you could just trigger the other Zap when a New Payment (Stripe) is made. Then use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to search for the row relating the payment, and use a Update Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to update the status to mark it as paid. Do you think that approach would work for your needs here?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Bora, welcome to the Community! 👋

If the Zap works with the Stripe account in test mode then it should also work when it’s connected to the Stripe account in live mode. But to be completely certain, what you could do is connect the Zap to the live Stripe account (keep the Zap switched off while running manual tests). Then perform whatever action should trigger the Zap for a test customer to pull in a new test record for a test customer that’s linked to an email address you own. Then you can test all the Stripe actions for that test customer on the live Stripe account to find them, create the payment link, make the payment via that link (you would then refund yourself after the test is complete) before then testing the Find Payment action. 

That said, I’m not 100% sure you’d need the Find Payment action in the other Zap, as I’m thinking you could just trigger the other Zap when a New Payment (Stripe) is made. Then use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to search for the row relating the payment, and use a Update Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to update the status to mark it as paid. Do you think that approach would work for your needs here?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for your answer, sorry I’m replying a bit late I had a few things to do before I could look back to this. The advice that you gave me in the second paragraph was a complete fit for my needs thank you so much, I didn’t think about it before that I could do something like this. I completed my Zap thanks to you now. 

Best wishes, Bora

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! I’m so pleased to hear that helped, @Bora! 🤗

Please do reach out in the Community again if you need any further help in future. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡