Question

How do I change the domain name in existing Zaps for Shopify store integration without redoing everything?

• 22 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am new to Zappier and one of my clients created zaps that integrate into my shopify store to generate orders when new hires submit all of their documents.

We are revamping their website and they would like to change their domain, however nothing is changing besides that. We are keeping the exact platform, the exact shopify store, no changes to the products that are linked to the webhooks and zaps - they would just like their domain name to be different.

Is there a way to do this without mapping, or generating webhooks, etc again? Or do I have to everything do all over again?

Thanks for the help!

Have a great day!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @SamLimitless! 👋

Did you set up webhooks in Shopify to be sent to Zaps that use a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger? If so, then as long and those webhooks on Shopify’s end are untouched and still setup to send information to the same Webhook URLs for those Zaps then those should continue to work.

For any Zaps using the Shopify app it looks like those should continue working after the domain change as well. I say that as it appears that Shopify app account connections reference the Shopify store’s username not it’s domain so any existing Shopify app connections should be unaffected. That said, if you did find that wasn’t the case you could always reconnect the Shopify account connection to refresh the connection to the Shopify store across all the Zaps that use that same account connection. Without needing to remap all the fields in the Zap.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions or run into any issues at all just let us know! 🙂