Question

How do I capture and include additional Formspark web form fields when sending submissions to Trello?

• 22 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi. I’m using Zapier to send Formspark web form submissions to Trello. It all works perfectly, apart from one section which uses Javascript to dynamically add a new text field to the website’s form. As we don’t know in advance how many of these fields a user will add, I’m having difficulty working out how to include them.

The first of these fields is always present, so this one appears in the data list output by Formspark and can be address to the Zap -- but I was wondering if there is a way to get Zapier to look for any additional fields that may be submitted. They all have a similar format, with the name “Order Item” followed by a dynamically added sequential number (ie: “Order Item 3”.

If anyone has any idea of how to solve this -- or if it’s even possible with Zapier -- I’d be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Nick

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @eboon 

Check out this help article:

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Many thanks for the quick reply! That all looks interesting -- a couple of things though:

1. I can’t seem to copy the pill code (I’m clicking on the pill to select it and then cmd + C). Nothing is copying to the clipboard. Is this not correct?
  2. Also, the Node ID doesn't appear in my Zap’s URL, and the URL isn’t formatted in the same way as the example (mine is https://zapier.com/editor/215172189/draft/215172190/setup). In this case, I take it the node ID I need is the first number in the URL (215172189)?

Thanks,

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@eboon 

We would need screenshots or a Loom.com video to have more context about the issues you are experiencing.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks. Screenshot below. The red box 1 shows the URL I’m seeing -- different format to your example.

Red box 2 shows the pill I’m trying to copy, without success.

Many thanks for all your help.

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@eboon 

The first ID in the Zap URL is the ID of the Zap, the second is the Step ID, which is used in the dynamic variables.