Question

How do I automatically update column/row data in Airtable when making changes in Zapier?

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi folks,

The case is I already set up Zapier to link Pipedrive with Airtable and transferred the data to Airtable, when I make a change/update in Zapier, for example: Adding new column/row data in Zapier. But I have to update data for the column/row manually by myself. Does it have an automatic way?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Dung Ha -

I’d like to see if I can be of some help. Can you please tell me which type of data you are looking to automate (deal status, deal, person, lead, etc.)? I see a few ‘Update’ options on our integration page, but want to be sure I’m directing you properly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Dung Ha! 👋

When you say you transferred the data from Pipedrive to Airtable was that using our Transfer feature to do a bulk import?

If yes, is it that you’re looking for a way for any changes in Pipedrive to be automatically updated in Airtable? 

If so, I’d have thought it would be possible it just depends on what changes you’re looking to update. For example if you wanted to run a Zap whenever a person’s details is updated in Pipedrive you could sett up a Zap with the following triggers and actions:

• Trigger: Updated Person (Pipedrive) runs when a person is updated.
  • Action: Find Record (Airtable) looks for that person’s record in Airtable. It also has the ability to create a new record in Airtable if one isn’t found.
  • Action: Update Record (Airtable) updates the person using the information supplied by the Pipedrive trigger. You may also want to add in a Filter by Zapier action to only allow the Zap to update the record if an existing record was found by the Find Record search action

There’s a number of other triggers available for the Pipedrive app so you could create similar Zaps but use a different Pipedrive trigger as needed. 

If not, is it more that you’re looking to copy columns/rows within Zapier itself? I remember you asked another question recently and I suggested using a lookup table for that, so just wondering if you’re wanting to find a way to fill out the lookup table automatically? It’s not possible for the lookup table to be able to be filled out automatically, you’d need to add each item into the lookup table manually. Sorry to not have a more automated solution to suggest for that.

Or is it that you’re wanting to add data into a Zapier table when a change or update occurs in another app?

I’m not super clear on what you’re looking to do so can you please further clarify the desired workflow here? Specifically what type of changes/updates you’d like to copy from and to which apps?

Thanks, looking forward to your reply!