Best answer

How do I automatically update a Spotify playlist with podcast episodes from a RSS feed?

• 23 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to set up a Spotify playlist that updates with new podcast episodes from multiple RSS feeds. 

I’ve used this Zapier template ☝ and managed to get the RSS feeds set up, but I can’t get the second step to work (finding the track in Spotify). Anyone know which data or search query I should use to find the right podcast episode in Spotify? 

So far every search query I’ve tried comes back with the wrong track (or nothing at all). 

Not sure if it’s even possible to do this, so I’d appreciate any help 🙏

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 December 2023, 17:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Celine!

As far as I can tell, the current Find Track in Spotify search is just for tracks, and nothing else. It’s baked right into the search query that we send, unfortunately. So you’ll only return songs, and not podcast episodes :(

I’ve added your vote for that action to be added, which doesn’t help you right now, I realize. You’ll receive an email if/when that action is added.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @nicksimard ! Hopefully it’s an action that can be added soon 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Celine!

Because I was curious, I dove into the Spotify API and tried to get this done using Webhooks by Zapier, but I’ve run into some snags with their API. I’m close, but have reached out in their community, to see if someone can help get me unstuck.

If I manage to get something working, I’ll share the solution :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 

Just popping by with a quick update to confirm that the feature request has been implemented. If you missed the recent email notification about this, here’s the key details from it:

“An updated Spotify version has been released with that functionality. Depending on your use case, try the Get Show Episodes and/or Find Episode actions to retrieve additional details about a recent episode of your selected podcast. In order to get access to this new functionality, you’ll need to update your Spotify Zap steps, or create new Zaps. If updating a step, you can now do that in-line using the Update button located in the App & event sub-page of your Spotify step in the Zap Editor. See more details here

If you run into any issues just let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡