Skip to main content

Hello! So I have a wix website that has a booking service which is a course consisting of multiple zoom meetings held over a number of months. I want each zoom recording to be automatically sent to everyone who has booked this course whether they attended or not. I can send the zoom recording when I manually enter the email addresses but I was thinking of sending the email addresses to a google doc once a person books the course, and then pulling the email addresses from there once the recording is available. I’m stuck on the second part! Thanks for the help!

Hi @Sooze 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode, plus elaborate about the Zap steps you are having trouble with.

So I can gather the email addresses from the Wix Bookings, I can find the downloaded Zoom recording but now for the Zoom API, I’m totally lost! 

@Sooze 

What are you trying to do in the Zoom API step? (in plain language)

I used the AI tool to generate the apps required for the automation; I didn’t specifically want to use that API request app! If there is a different way of using it, I’m happy to do that. Thanks!

Hi @Sooze,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I believe the “Bookings” trigger in Wix returns the email address of the customer. Have you tried sending the Zoom recording via email? Here’s what my Zap setup suggestion would look like:

1. Trigger: Wix - Bookings
  2. Action: Zoom - Find Recording and Download
  3. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Please let me know if my suggestion fits your workflow. Thanks!

Hi Ken! Thank you so much. I’ve tried this and it does work but I don’t want to manually enter the email addresses. I have an email trigger that sends the zoom recording but I was hoping to add the emails to a document and send the emails that way. Does that make sense? Can I link two zaps together also?

Hi @Sooze,

You wouldn’t have to enter the email address manually here. You will need to map the email address from the Wix - Bookings trigger to the “To” field of the Gmail step since the trigger returns the customer’s email address data.

You can learn more about mapping fields here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

Hopefully, this helps!