Skip to main content
Question

How do I automatically loop and fill multiple ChatGPT outputs into a Notion database using Zapier?

Hello,

I have just built a custom GPT and I wanted to automatically send the output to a Notion data base.

The thing is, it only takes the first output/result generated and not the rest. For example if I asked for 20 ideas, it only fill in the first one in Notion.

I found the looping in Zapier and tried to set it up without success.

So my question is how do I trigger a single action on my Gpt (ex: generating 20 ideas) and then automatically loop/fill in each of those ideas into my Notion data base. Without having to repeat that ‘ask’ 20 times.

Thank you in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @adama95 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with the data you are trying to loop.

Sure,

I created a Zapier action via this link: https://actions.zapier.com/gpt/actions/.

I used the steps in the following doc to update the action and instructions part in my GPT:

https://actions.zapier.com/

This 2 steps work to grab one line/result from GPT and put it in my Notion data base.

Finally tried to use Loop with Zapier, as in one of the screenshot without success.

Last SS from Zapier.

@Troy Tessalone sorry didn’t know I should tag you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@adama95 

The Zap is triggered by a Notion New Database Item.

The Item would need to have values stored in a field as an array to be able to use the Looping - Create Loop from Line Items Zap action.

Okay @Troy Tessalone but I am not even sure that will give me my desired results. Is there a way to loop the action of adding “a new item into a notion data base” from GPT directly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@adama95 

The GPT would have to handle the iteration on the array of items to be added to Notion.