Question

How do I automatically generate a PowerPoint presentation from specific text format content using Google Slides?

• 20 April 2023
  • 3 replies

我想问一下:在Zapier中Google slides的使用,如何通过输入特定的文本格式内容,让Google slides自动生成PPT呢?当Google slides作为操作程序选择 新建幻灯片 的时候,只有通过占位符变量生成PPT吗?能否实现我提供一段文本内容,编辑成特定的格式,让Google Slides自动生成PPT呢?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I would like to ask: how to use Google slides in Zapier, how to let Google slides automatically generate PPT by inputting specific text format content? When Google slides is selected as the operating program to create a new slide, is it only possible to generate a PPT through a placeholder variable? Can I provide a piece of text content, edit it into a specific format, and let Google Slides automatically generate PPT?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Yang 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

For more information on how to use the Google Slides integration, you may check this link:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496016811917-How-to-Get-Started-with-Google-Slides-on-Zapier.

Furthermore, you may check this link to learn How to Use the "Set up Google Slides Presentation" action:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496047004429-How-to-Use-the-Set-up-Google-Slides-Presentation-Action

Let me know if you have other questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Yang! 👋

Just wanted to hop in here to confirm that it's not possible to automatically generate a presentation from formatted text. It’s currently only possible to create presentations from existing templates. 

When using the Create Presentation From Template (Google Slides) action, the Template field would need to be selected so that the Zap can pull in the relevant placeholder fields. These fields can then be populated with information from other trigger and action fields within the Zap. These placeholder fields can’t be generated from with the Zap itself.

I can totally see how it would be useful to be able to automatically create a presentation without having to use an existing template though so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team about this. They’ll be able to create a new feature request for that on your behalf. 🙂