Best answer

How do I automatically add and change which Google Drive parent folder my subfolders get added to, every Sunday?

• 16 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi! I am very new here. I think I have simple one step Zaps down, but now I’m looking to expand on that.I was wondering if someone could help me with this situation: 

I currently have a Zap using Schedule that is creating a parent folder in Google Drive every Sunday. 

What I want to do is create a zap that will then add a subfolder to that parent folder every time the trigger I select happens...BUT

I want that zap to end or change when a new parent folder is created the next sunday and then I want the subfolders to be added to the new folder instead of the previous parent folder. 

I hope this makes sense. I just do not know how to tell it to stop adding folders to one parent folder once the new parent folder is created. 

icon

Best answer by jesse 22 April 2022, 20:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hcarter 

Good question.

Try this Zap action: GDrive Find/Create Folder

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @hcarter happy to help here and build off of Troy’s advice. You will need to build these 2 Zaps to achieve this:

Zap 1

(Sounds like you’ve got this one up and running already.)

• Step 1: Schedule by Zapier
  • Step 2: Create Folder in GDrive

Zap 2: 

• Step 1: (Trigger)
  • Step 2: Find/Create Folder (You will to ensure your Trigger app is able to pass along the name of the folder for this action to work.)
  • Step 3: Create Folder (Use the Folder ID from the previous step in the parent folder’s drop-down. Repeat this step for each subfolder you want to add.)