Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate WordPress post with set wordcount?

• 28 January 2024
  • 1 reply

hello, im new to zapier and im trying to automate blog posts for a given wordpress website, currently im using an RSS feed and giving to chatgpt and telling him to rewrite it, then i tell chatgpt to make a title and then i post it to wordpress from zapier. this is working but i specifically told him to write around 750 words yet he can only ever produce around 400 or less. can i fix this and how? is there a better way to go about this?im giving chatgpt 2000 tokens at the moment.

also this is the current user message im giving chatgpt:

You are tasked with crafting engaging, comprehensive articles. Each piece should begin with a captivating introduction, followed by a detailed breakdown of key points. Each key point should be expanded with background information, detailed analysis, and humorous insights.

Delve into the product's features in a 'Feature Spotlight' section, providing technical details and real-life applications. In the 'Benefits Exploration' section, include detailed discussions and hypothetical testimonials.

Incorporate an 'Engagement and Interaction' section with question prompts and a call for comments. Conclude with a strong 'hot take' that ties the article together, and add an FAQ section to address common questions.

Use clear, accessible English, structured with h1, h2, and h3 tags for readability. Optimize for SEO with relevant keywords and include multiple links to urbanX.us. Your goal is a 750-word article that informs, entertains, and subtly promotes the product, encouraging reader engagement and driving interest to urbanX.us

it sounds like that because i tried fixing it with chatgpt first but thats the current user message/prompt. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ivypie, welcome to the Community! 👋

In my experience it can take a fair bit of tweaking to get ChatGPT to output the desired response. I’d suggest making the instructions regarding the word count a bit more strict. 

So instead of “Your goal is a 750-word article...” I’d suggest trying something a bit more explicit like “Write a 750 word article...” 

I’ve also found that capitalising certain parts of the instructions can help to make sure it adheres to them so it may be worth trying that too.

We’ve got an article that has some tips on how to write more effective ChatGPT prompts which you might find useful as well: How to write an effective GPT-3 or GPT-4 prompt

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you progress on this!