Skip to main content

How can I send an automatic message to my new Instagram followers? I would like to do it using some zapier integration with manychat so as not to have any problems with meta, since manychat is meta.

Hi @stheffaniemendez,

Welcome to the community. 

You can try this step. Use Instagram as your trigger and use “New Media Posted in My Account” as the event.

Next, use Manychat as your action and select “Send Text Message to User” as your event.

In that way, you could send automatic welcome messages when a new Instagram follower is added. I hope that clarifies your query. Let us know if you have further question.

Hello @JammerS The problem is that it asks me to select who I am going to send the message to, that is, followers that I already have on my account.

I meant that I want to send automatic messages to people who start following me, that is, as soon as someone starts following me they receive an automatic welcome message. I have seen many creators do it using manychat integration, but I don't know exactly how to do it, can you help me with that?

Hi @stheffaniemendez,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Unfortunately, the Instagram integration is not able to trigger on new followers. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality.

I have added you to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!